First official training week is in the books. Since Chicago Marathon, everything's been sort of maintenance training. Was good to get back onto a plan. 29 more weeks, but its real good to have direction in training again.
Three swims, four bikes, three runs and two yogas. Two runs were outside! This morning it was 11 degrees when I went to the pool. Was a scorching 22 when dogs and I ran at 11. About eight hours total training with the yoga. Not much when I think that come June or so I will have single bike rides almost as long as this entire training week in terms of hours.
Goofiest training moment of the week: This morning, sun sparkling into the pool, bouncing off the water, just awesome sight during winter, especially when its 11 degrees out! I was in a not so sunny lane. About half way into my swim, there's a guy standing in middle of the lane and I just about ran in to him. He says "I dont like swimming in the sun, I want this lane. You go swim over there," and points to the open, sunny lane against the wall. "Sure man, whatever!" and I slid under the rope. This same guy likes to turn off the lights in the locker room over the sinks because "I don't like the glare." WTF, swimming with vampires?

No comments:
Post a Comment