Coaches cost lotsa dough and group training times aren't the most convenient. Plus, I don't listen to anybody anyway. So the next best thing was the book Be Iron Fit, which comes with a 30 week training plan. The plan has three ten-week phases--base, build and peak--with the heaviest volume about a month out from IMWI. That'll be July and August which means 90s and humid!!! Right now, base period is seeing temps in the teens, ice and snow. So that will be a welcome change!
The plan is time based, which is so strange to me. All my training before has been mile-based. Also a lot of HR training. That is gonna be difficult. I can go forever in Z1, but too much over that and I can feel it in my leg.
Am tweaking the plan here and there to fit my schedule and focus on my weaknesses (swimming, biking AND running). Since I obsess about these things, the whole training plan is uploaded into a Google Calendar that syncs to my iPhone, iPad and anywhere else I log in to Google. I can't walk ten feet without the training plan staring me in the face. Now lets see if I can DO the workouts!
I am also doing hot yoga twice or so a week for strength, stretching and heat acclimation. It's definitely one of the best things I have done. Nutrition is a work in progress. Always. Have lofty goals and ambitions, but a weakness for snacks. So hope to dial this in. Have hoped for long ass time.
No comments:
Post a Comment